Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission must be in English. Except for common foreign words and phrases, the use of foreign words and phrases should be avoided.
- The submitted manuscript (including tables, figures, supplementary material, etc.) is a single PDF file.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The references are complete, with the necessary information. Where available, DOIs and URLs are provided.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The author(s) represent that the manuscript is their original work, that they own the copyright to the work being submitted or are authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article, and that permissions for reproducing any content have been obtained.
- Each author is aware of the contents of the entire article and its submission status, and each author materially contributed to the creation of the paper.
Copyright is retained by the authors. By submitting to this journal, the author(s) license the article under the Creative Commons License – Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0), unless choosing a more lenient license (for instance, public domain). Furthermore, the authors of articles published by the journal grant the journal the right to store the articles in its databases for an unlimited period of time and to distribute and reproduce the articles electronically.